Instagram launched 3 Crucial Updates:
1. Pinned Posts: Now you can pin your Top 3 Posts.
2. Instagram Reels now have IG polls, you can integrate polls into reels.
3. Instagram Reels launched 90-second Reels like Tiktok.
Privacy and Security Updates:
1. Instagram launched new tools to prevent Teens from Harmful Content + Now for age verification ID proof and video selfie is required.
2. Amber Alerts are back again in US used to inform about nation wide alerts.
**Worst Update: Instagram is supposedly testing Full-screen Feed like Tiktok.**
TikTok’s 2 Crucial Updates:
1. Tiktok launched Screen-Time Usage reminder like Tiktok and Instagram to remind you about your usage.
2. TikTok’s copycat feature: The platform launched Tiktok avatars like Snapchat and Instagram.
1. Tiktok launched Attribution Manager for Advertisers.
2. Tiktok launched a new Creative Tool called “Trends Discovery” in Tiktok business Center to help you find new trends on App.
Upcoming Updates – Tiktok is working on two features as confirmed: “Who Viewed Your Posts” and “clear mode” to provide you distraction-free scrolling.
LinkedIn’s 4 Crucial Updates:
1. LinkedIn Launched Business Manager to make the work for Agencies and Businesses simple with one centralised platform.
2. LinkedIn adds Lead generation pages to forms.
3. You can now boost your LinkedIn Event with Ads.
4. LinkedIn Expands Creator Events to All Creators.
Education: LinkedIn launched new content marketing development course.
Other Updates: LinkedIn simplified process of reposting content on platform and launched “funny” reaction to the posts.
5 Crucial Updates from Twitter:
1. Twitter removes no-follow attribute from links in tweets.
2. Twitter announced a new feature “Notes” for long form content creation.
3. Twitter now allows Local businesses to display location and contact information on their profile.
4. Twitter launched “Product Drops” to inform followers about new launches from businesses.
5. Twitter launched “Campaign Manager” to help you plan your Advertising Strategies.
Partnerships & Other Updates:
1. Twitter partners with Shopify to provide better interface to Shopify businesses with one-click product display.
2. Twitter rolls out Report tweet feature faster and reports it’s efficient In stopping abuse on platform.
3. Twitter to roll out Google Alerts like Feature for search terms.
6+ Updates are missing: Twitter launches too many updates per month. I haven’t covered Twitter updates that don’t have a great part effecting your strategy.
4 Dumb Updates + 1 Great Update from Meta:
1. Meta is working on Basic Ads- Privacy friendly Ads using Less Personal Data of users.
2. WhatsApp now lets you hide your profile photo, Last seen and much more.
3. Facebook plans to turn its main feed into discovery engine for Video Content like TikTok.
4. Meta is adding a dedicated “Calls” Tab for messenger.
5. The platform is planning to roll out new monetisation tools on Instagram and Facebook + Extends it’s monetisation policy.
1. A new Avatars store like Snapchat is coming to Facebook.
2. Meta stops development of AR glasses, and other hardware aimed for metaverse for now!
3. Meta COO sheryl Sandberg steps down.
2 Crucial Updates of Pinterest!
1. Pinterest launched Idea Ads and Paid Partnership Tool for Advertisers.
2. The platform expands its Shopify partnership and launches Ads in Japan.
2 Upcoming Updates in Snap
1. Snapchat is testing a new paid subscription feature for exclusive access to new features.
2. Snapchat is testing replies in Spotlight.
Advertising Update: Snap launched Dynamic Ads for Travel Advertisers.
2 Crucial Updates of YouTube
1. You can Add Text Corrections to Your YouTube Videos with audio errors.
2. YouTube brings shopping to YouTube Shorts with its Beauty Fest 2022.
2 Updates to Reddit’s Audio platform
1. Reddit Talk live bar rolled out for Web.
2. Reddit updates Reddit Talk with new discovery feature.
1. Neil Patel Acquires Answer the public to integrate with and use data for Ubersuggest.
3. Apple search campaigns are shifting to cost per tap pricing model.
5. WordPress Jetpack Now Available As Six Plugins.
6. Ahrefs launched new Search Engine focused on creators called “Yep”.
7. Bing Tests Ads Under Search Bar.
8. Microsoft launches Cash back Promotions for Product Ads.
9. Amazon launches Local Ads team to provide better Ad placement for Amazon sellers.
10. WordPress launches a proposal to improve security & Performance of Plugins.
1. Elon Musk demands more platform data from Twitter to close the deal.
2. TikTok agrees to EU Data agreements as posted by official EU website.
3. Firefox rolls out Total cookies protection worldwide. This new privacy feature may effect Advertisers.
Thanks for reading. I tried to keep it short and sweet. If you found any missed updates, I had covered those In my newsletter and I narrowed down to make it more consumable here on Reddit!
**P.s. I share Marketing And Social Media Updates every week, You can subscribe through link in bio!**