i really hope my explanations make sense and i’m able to explain what i’m really enquiring about. if not, pls feel free to ask for clarification in the comments.
i’m entering a random draw competition that has the following terms and conditions.
1. purchase any 2 Vaseline products and dial , and follow the prompts to enter the last 4 digits of the product barcode
2. Entrants can enter as many times as they like, subject to each entry being linked to a separate purchase which the Promoter may verify through the product specific barcode and corresponding till slip.
i bought multiple pairs of the products in an attempt to higher my chances of winning but i forgot to take into account that barcode numbers are not unique to every individual item, they are unique to the TYPE of item. so now i have multiple pairs with items that have the same barcodes. Obviously the pairs have different barcode numbers because one product is a, for example, petroleum jelly while the other is a body lotion.
here are my questions:
1. will whatever system they use to track the entries consider my entries multiple entries or will it just view them as duplicates because i’m entering using the same barcode numbers?
2. how do they track whether it’s multiple purchases if all the products have the same barcode? does it even matter?
3. can i just keep entering as much as i like with the same two products ?
4. do they track purchase on till slip in another way other than the barcode? because it seems a bit redundant to state that entrants have to make separate purchases when you won’t even be able to tell.